After the closure of the Research Center for the European Enlightenment in Potsdam, the Research Library of the European Enlightenment came to the Potsdam University Library in 2007. Since then, our library has held the estate library of Romance scholar Werner Krauss (1900–1976) and portions of the institutional library of the Central Institute for Literary History at the Academy of Sciences of the GDR (the AdW).
In 2015, the entire institutional library of the Central Institute for Philosophy at the AdW was given to the Potsdam University Library by the Humboldt University, Berlin, which had previously loaned these holdings to the FEA. These holdings are currently being integrated into the Potsdam University Library collections.
FEA’s own acquisitions
The FEA’s own acquisitions had already been incorporated into the Potsdam University Library’s holdings and are available for research in the online catalogue. The Research Library of the European Enlightenment was established with the opening of the Information, Communication and Media Center (IKMZ) in Golm.
Small selections of the holdings are also located as reference libraries in the Department of Philosophy (IfPh) and the Department of Romance Studies (IfR) at the University of Potsdam. The reference libraries are identified by an abbreviation underneath the main title record (IfPh and IfR) - with the note "additional copy" in the FEA catalogue. The catalogue can be viewed at the Academy of Sciences Berlin-Brandenburg. The FEA holdings can be used in the Golm Departmental Library upon appointment.