You are already using our catalogue and you are familiar with some of the databases we offer, but you would like to access literature more quickly and more specifically?
In thiscourse we will show you how to search library catalogues and databases and how to quickly access the items found: on-site in printed or electronic form or via interlibrary loan from other libraries. We also provide you with some guidelines for evaluating the quality of the retrieved information.
The following questions will be discussed in this course:
- How do I phrase an ideal search query?
- What are effective search strategies?
- How do I search in library catalogues and databases?
- How do I find e-journals, e-books and full-text databases?
- How can I use e-resources licensed by the university library from outside the campus network?
- How does interlibrary loan work?
- How do I evaluate the information I have found?